The greatest memorial to the Headrick family is the Headrick Chapel and Cemetery. It is located on US 321 through Wears Valley in Sevier County, just before you go into Blount County. Coming from Pigeon Forge, it is on the left and is situated very close to the highway.
The small white frame chapel building was built in 1901 on land donated by Peter Headrick (1851-1927). The weather board building is in fair condition. It has a steep metal roof containing a belfry. The well maintained cemetery encircles the church on three sides.
Inside the church the wooden pews show years of wear. A heater is located midway in the building. The choir seating consists of cane bottom chairs. The pulpit is covered with a lace doily and contains a large Bible.The property on which the church is located was given for use by four different Christian denominations: Primitive Baptist, Missionary Baptist, M.E. Church, and the M.E. Church South. The deed specified the usage week assigned to each group.
Three generations of our family are buried in the cemetery: William, John and James.
In 2001 the church was included in the National Register of Historic Places.